My name is Chayo Briggs aka Doctor Credit King, and I am the Chief Financial Officer of Briggs and Lay Pro, Inc., which is a real estate investment company with a proven track record of financial success. Our goal is help people obtain financial independence and freedom by coaching individuals to learn how to improve their credit. I will assist consumers to rebuild their credit and gain financial freedom because it’s difficult to rebuild your credit if you don’t know the basics of rebuilding your credit. Many people choose to bury their heads in the sand when it comes to their credit, because they don’t know where to start, and they don't do anything at all which is a mistake.
Ignoring your credit can mean you are passing up a solid financial future. Your credit score gives you the ability to make purchases you may not otherwise be able to make. For instance, if you are not in the position to pay cash for your home and purchase it outright, then your credit score can be an important factor in a banker deciding whether to approve you for a mortgage loan so you can pay for your home over time. Without credit, your purchase to buy a home would be impossible.
So what are the basics of credit and credit repair? First of all, learn the credit terminology. When looking at your credit report, you may notice collections, inquires, debit ratio, public records or charge-offs. Learn the definitions of (Enacted in 1970, the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) was the first federal law to regulate how your personal information is used by a private business which gives you an opportunity to correct your credit report. This act safeguards your credit by requiring consumer reporting agencies to follow certain standards these and other credit related terms so you can know what these designations mean. Another basic action you must take in repairing your credit is actually pulling your credit report. Take the time to get a copy of your credit report. You actually are eligible to get a free copy of your credit report from each of the top three credit reporting agencies, Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion, once every year. You can go to AnnualcreditReport.com to order your credit report. Most people don’t take advantage of this opportunity, but doing so can helpyou get an accurate copy of your credit report. You can also get regular notifications about your credit by signing up for a credit monitoring service that can alert you to changes in your credit.
If you notice incorrect derogatory information on your credit report, you can dispute inaccuracies, and if you are successful, you can have them removed. These inaccurate reports of negative information can drag down your score, so challenging them can help boost your score. Many people may be surprised to realize that it’s not uncommon for inaccurate or unlawful information to be on a credit report. They assume whatever is on there is correct. That’s not true. I recall a case where a woman came to me because a law firm was suing her for payment of a debt. I walked her through the process of what she should say in court and the case was thrown out! So don’t assume that a creditor is right. Fight for your financial freedom.
Another basic move you can make to rebuild your credit is to start paying your bills on time! Payment history — whether you pay your bills on time — counts for 35 percent of your credit score. That’s a good chunk! So if you continue to fall behind on bills, you will continue to see a poor score, but being disciplined enough to make all payments on time can really turn things around.
If you find that you can no longer maintain the agreed-upon payment schedule, reach out to your creditor and discuss the possibility of a new payment schedule. Many creditors will work with you, if you are proactive and approach them about setting a payment schedule you can keep. Remember, they want to be paid. And if you have a payment that is too high or payments are due on a day that don’t work for you, it’s possible making adjustments can help you pay your bills down.
If income is the problem, look at ways you can bring in additional income. This may mean getting a second job, seeking promotional opportunities, or even start a small or home base business. Generating additional income each month can help you to make your payments on time, and can also help you start to dig out of any financial hole you may be in.
It’s possible to rebuild your credit, no matter how bad it is today, but do not expect that to happen in 24 hours. It can take time to have inaccuracies removed from your credit report or for on-time payments to start to show up on your report. However, with diligence and time, these changes can happen.
Your credit is something you can’t get away from, so ignoring your credit doesn’t make inaccuracies go away. You can take these basic steps to improve your credit, so you have better financial opportunities. .
For more information about how he can help you rebuild your credit contact, Chayo Briggs aka Doctor Credit King at Chayote23@Briggsandlayproinc.com or Chayote23@yahoo.com or Office: (800) 216-8871 or Cell: (760) 912-3472.
By Iris Hunter
Are you a business owner?
if you are then I know that you are probably aware of how hard it is to manage
your time wisely since I am also a business owner and sometimes struggle with
It can be very frustrating when you trying to manage your time when you are building your own business, especially if you have a regular job, are a student and/or have a family, but you can accomplish this goal.
At this point, I do know how to manage my time much better than I have in the past, but I am still in the learning process. I have listed below the top 5 things that I do that assist me with managing my time throughout the day.
1. Create a To-Do List: One of the last things that I usually do at night is create a list of things that I need to work on the next day since doing this helps to keep me on track each day. If I did not create a task list, I would often forget what I was supposed to be focusing on, especially since I am always busy. Your to-do list needs to have your most important tasks listed first, which means that you need to be sure that you are prioritizing your work load on a daily basis.
2. Keep a Calendar: As a business owner you will usually be busy making sure that your business continues to grow, so therefore you will probably always be on the go completing certain tasks, including creating marketing campaigns, working on projects and attending networking events. In order to keep up with your tasks, you will definitely need to keep a calendar. Today, you can keep a digital calendar, which makes it a lot easier for you to review while you are constantly managing your business.
3. Set Goals: I am always setting both short-term and long-term goals in an effort to continue the growth of my business. Setting goals for your business is a priority since doing this will highly increase your chances of accomplishing your goals. Each of your goals should be realistic so that you will not overextend yourself and then afterwards be disappointed if your goal(s) were not reached within a specified time.
4. Focus: It is sometimes hard for me to focus on projects since I am always juggling many things at once, but I always try my best to minimize my distractions so that I am able to focus and accomplish my daily tasks. For some individuals focusing can be a difficult challenge and can cause a lot of stress, but learning how to focus is imperative to any self-employed individual if he/she plans to be successful in business. It may take a while for you to figure out what it will take for you to be able to completely focus on your tasks, but after you have accomplished this you will be able to get more work done each day.
5. Relax: I often find it hard for me to relax because I am constantly working on projects and this usually causes me to become stressed. One thing that I have learned about myself is that I don’t work as well when I am stressed out, so therefore I try to find ways to help me relax if I am having a hectic day and/or week. It is important for one to learn how to relax because it will definitely allow them to focus more on their current and/or upcoming projects.
I know how stressful running a business can be, which is why I wanted to share with you how I am able to manage my time in order to accomplish my business goals. So, what will you start doing to assist you with managing your time wisely?